South Ayrshire along with nearby Dumfries and Galloway have something to offer everyone. Whether you want a walk in the beautiful countryside, spend a day at the beach or have a try at catching your first trout in the River Stinchar you certainly cannot complain about being bored! There are museums and country parks, National Trust attractions, beautiful public gardens, children’s play centres, farm parks, golf courses, leisure centres and horse riding. There is a great range of attractions and leisure pursuits in the area to help make your holiday as memorable as possible. The hardest part is choosing what to do!
Scotland is the home of golf and South-West Scotland boasts an array of both world class championship and local municipal courses. Close to Lagganhouse Country Park there are a number of options for the keen golfer to choose from. Nearby in Stranraer, Newton Stewart, Port Patrick and Glenluce there are some great local courses and for golfers who fancy a real treat the renowned, Open Championship course at Trump Turnberry is just a 25 minute drive.
Where to Eat?
- There are a whole host of restaurants, cafes, takeaways and tearooms in easy reach of Lagganhouse. The charming Village of Ballantrae is just a ten minutes drive from Lagganhouse Country Park and offers several nice places to eat.
- The Kings Arms Hotel serves delicious hot food and a range of drinks in a traditional public house setting.
- Enjoy fine dining at Glennapp Castle Hotel – tucked away from prying eyes behind a gated entrance. Incredible food and wonderful wines – a must for anybody seeking gastronomic delights for any special occasion.
- The Garden Centre in Ballantrae serves delicious home baking, lunches, teas and coffee. Perfect if you’re feeling a bit peckish.
- Nearby in Girvan – (approximately 30 minute drive) there’s a wide range of restaurants, pubs, cafe’s and takeaways. Stranraer – 30 minutes south of Ballantrae also offers a good choice of eateries, bars and take aways.
- Port Patrick is a great destination for a lovely day or evening out, with charming harbourside pubs, cafes and restaurants. The Crown Hotel is consistently good with a wide range of delicious meals on offer and serving local fish and seafood.